What is the best credit card for people trying to rebuild their credit?
Question: What is thefor people trying to rebuild their credit? What is the one for people with bad credit?
Answer: If you have bad credit and you’re trying to rebuild it, chances are pretty good you won’t qualify for a regular card. There is another option, but you’ll have to put some cash down.
Pre-Paid Debit Cards
Do not get a pre-paid credit card. They’re useless for rebuilding credit. They’re nothing more than debit cards and debit cards don’t get reported to the credit agencies because you’re not actually making payments on anything. All you’re doing is drawing from the cash on the card.
Secured Credit Card
What you want is a. There is no credit check to get one. You put money into an account and you can never charge more than the balance on the account, but the balance never goes down, that is, when you use the card, it’s not spending the deposit on the card. That money is there for collateral. You still have to make payments just like a regular credit card. When you make a payment, your “available balance” goes back up. Since you’re making payments, your payment history DOES get reported to the agencies. That’s how you can easily rebuild your credit.
Then you can shop here for the best credit cards.
One Response to What is the best credit card for people trying to rebuild their credit?
Latest Consumer Credit Questions
- Best Credit Cards
- Is there a site to get a free credit report without signing up for anything?
- How do we get a mortgage without credit?
- I Need A Personal Loan Quick But I Have Bad Credit
- Can I get a WalMart Cell Phone?
- How do you build your credit score?
- Fast Credit Fixes: 3 Quick and Easy Ways to Fix Your FICO
- How Credit Scores Affect Mortgages and Interest Rates
- The Top 10 Credit Myths of Credit Repair
- 3 Sure Shot Signs a Credit Repair Company Is a Fraud
- Rebuilding Your Credit Score
- Does “piggy backing” really improve your credit?
- Check Your Credit Score – Are They Selling Your Information?
- What is the best way to improve your credit without a credit card?
- Help with “Secured Credit Cards”